Use additional post-functions to perform such tasks as copying a value from a custom field, cloning, assigning tickets based on a certain condition, and more:
- Issue Clone Post Function
- Assign to Workflow Step Actor Post Function
- Assign From Field
- Set Original Estimation
Issue Clone Post Function
|Clones the issue|
Assign to Workflow Step Actor Post Function
|Assigns a ticket to the user that performed a previous workflow step. See example below.|
Assign From Field
Assigns a ticket to the user from the custom field. The custom field can be user, project (to assign to project lead) or text.
Configuration: You need to specify the custom field from which user should be taken.
Set Original Estimation
Copies the value from a custom field to the original estimation.
You need to specify
Example - Assigning a ticket to the user who performed the previous workflow step
In our example, the ticket was originally assigned to the Tester 2 user. Then the assignee was changed to admin. We are going to add a post-function that will assign a ticket back to Tester 2 on a ticket transition.
- Go to Jira Administration > Issues > Workflows.
- Click Edit for a project where you want to add post-function.
- Select Diagram view.
- Select the transition where you want to add a post-function, the configuration panel appears.
- Select the Post Functions tab and click Add post function.
- Select the Assign to Workflow Step Actor Post-Function option and click Add.
- In the post-function parameters, select the destination status for a ticket and click Add.
- To save changes, click Publish Draft.
- In the dialog that appears, select whether you'd like to backup project copy and then click Publish.
- That's it. Now, while making a transition the ticket will be assigned from admin to Tester 2.