Additional validators and conditions enable you to perform checks in Jira based on a certain criteria:
Checks that input value to a custom field satisfies the Regex expression.
Configuration: You must specify the custom field and Regex. The custom field values will be matched by the Regex. Optionally, you can also specify a custom error message.
You can check that story points are integer.
Unique Field Value Validator
Checks how many different values exist for a certain field in the ticket.
You must specify
Checks the count of issues in a JQL result.
You can check that there is already an issue with the same summary.
This validator requires a transition comment for all users except those specified in the exception group(s).
Example for a Comment Validator
Let's see how using this validator you can require all users except of the 'jira-developers' group to comment on a ticket when they transition it
- Go to Jira Administration > Issues > Workflows.
- Click Edit for a project where you want to add a validator.
- Select the Diagram view.
- Select the transition where you want to add a validator, the configuration panel appears.
- Select the Validators tab and click Add validator.
- Select the Comment Validator option and click Add.
- Define validator parameters:
- (Optionally) Select group(s) that should be able to skip the comment while transitioning tickets
- Specify an alternative message to show to the users in order to prompt them to comment on a ticket during a transition.
- To save changes, click Publish Draft.
- In the dialog that appears, select whether you'd like to backup project copy, and click Publish.
- That's it.
To set up the condition perform the same steps as setting up any validator or post-function.
Select the Condition option you need and click Add.
Limit By Status Condition
Limits the maximal number of issues with a specified status for a single user.
You must specify the maximum number of issues with a specified status for a single user.
Has Attachments AM Condition
|Checks whether an issue has attachments.|
Has Links AM Condition
|Checks whether an issue has links.|