Check out the Power Scripts video overview:
Power Scripts for JIRA (formerly known as JJUPIN) provides virtually unlimited power to your JIRA workflows. Forget about adding tens of plugins to your JIRA installation just to express yourself: this is all you need to create any post-function, validator, or condition in your workflows. Our philosophy was to empower the customer and to create a JIRA installation that will adapt very easily to the actual needs without any special knowledge of the JIRA internals; for that we created a JIRA adapted language, named Simple Issue Language 4.0, or simply SIL.
SIL is very easy to learn yet powerful and extensible: it's a Java-like language and it is independent of the JIRA version. Furthermore, SIL has made its way through our Database Custom Field and Kepler Custom Fields, Blitz Actions plugins as well as in our newest plugin family member, KCF PRO by specific extensions using the same language. All for one purpose: power through simplicity and flexibility.
With Atlassian JIRA at base and with our SIL-enabled plugins on top, we managed to put big smiles on our customer's faces: Power Scripts for JIRA made possible incredible integrations and customizations of JIRA.
Whenever you have heavy workflows, integration with your payment systems or you simply want better awareness for your teams, Power Scripts for JIRA is here to help. If you want to use JIRA as a helpdesk solution, Power Scripts for JIRA can update your inventory tables directly from JIRA, while your teams are working on user requests. If you have a tight SLA, Power Scripts for JIRA can send an intelligent mail, helping the programmers focus on the priorities and not being flooded with email about trivial modifications in issues.
Common use cases
- Complex workflows
- Integration with legacy systems
- Integration with your enterprise systems (relational databases, files, mail systems, LDAP, SMSC)
- Integration with other JIRA systems, not necessary the same version.
- Smart notifications
- Automatically charging for support, when you employ this business model
Besides post-functions, validators and conditions, which are linked directly in your workflow, Power Scripts for JIRA offers a full environment:
- SIL listeners – so you can react when an issue is changed
- SIL services & job scheduling - a way to implement batch updates and notifications to your issues and automate tasks
- A gadget so that regular users can run their own scripts useful for example for project leads to automate tasks
- A nice editor, with common functionalities such as autocomplete
- A comprehensive view of the workflow actions, screens and their fields and, of course, attached SIL code
- A SIL Manager, so that you can easily browse for and edit scripts
- Live Fields – SIL routines for hiding, disabling, attaching messages or setting values for issue fields in any screen.
Save your time
With Power Scripts, we have minimized JIRA customization time because this is usually something that comes into aid of the real productive activities; minimizing the time for these customizations means that your teams can benefit from them faster. Our approach is pragmatic:
- We introduced aliases for custom fields so that you can develop and check things on a test environment and then move scripts directly into production
- We introduced environment variables for SIL
- All our routines are lenient regarding common user mistakes, so that asking for a substring greater than the string has to offer for instance does not result in error.
Of course, we did not forget extensibility. Registering new routines and adding support for additional custom fields is easy. Power Scripts for JIRA gives you:
- Include scripts / User defined routines - so you can create libraries of routines
- Mappings for custom fields to a known descriptor, by using Custom Field Descriptors or programatically.
- An easy way to write java routines and hook them into the language. Our Javadoc is available to our customers.