Power Scripts™ for Jira
Check out the Power Scripts™ video overview:
Power Scripts™ for Jira provides virtually unlimited power to your Jira workflows. Forget about adding tens of plugins to your Jira installation: this is all you need to create any post-function, validator, or condition in your workflows. Our philosophy was to empower the customer and to create a Jira installation that will adapt to the needs of users very easily, and without any special knowledge of the Jira internals necessary. With that in mind we created a Jira adapted language, Simple Issue Language™ 4.0, or simply SIL.
SIL™ is very easy to learn yet powerful and extensible: it's a Java-like language and it is independent of the Jira version. Furthermore, SIL has made its way through our Power Database Fields™, Power Custom Fields Premium™, Power Custom Fields PRO™ and Power Actions™ for Jira apps as well as in our newest plugin family member, Power Scripts™ for Confluence, and now all these apps are fueled by and are using the same language. All for one purpose: power through simplicity and flexibility.
With Atlassian Jira and our SIL-enabled plugins, we managed to put many big smiles on our customers' faces: Power Scripts™ made incredible integrations and customizations of Jira possible.
Whenever you have heavy workflows, integration with your payment systems or you simply want better awareness for your teams, Power Scripts™ is here to help. If you want to use Jira as a helpdesk solution, Power Scripts™ can update your inventory tables directly from Jira, while your teams are working on user requests. If you have a tight SLA, Power Scripts™ can send an intelligent mail, helping the developers focus on the priorities and not being flooded with email about trivial modifications in issues.
Common use cases
- Complex workflows
- Integration with legacy systems
- Integration with your enterprise systems – relational databases, files, mail systems, LDAP, SMSC
- Integration with other Jira systems, not necessary the same version
- Smart notifications
- Automatically charging for support, when you employ this business model
Besides post functions, validators and conditions, which are linked directly in your workflow, Power Scripts™ for Jira offers the following great features:
- SIL listeners so you can react when an issue is changed
- SIL services & job scheduling – a way to implement batch updates and notifications to your issues and automate tasks
- A gadget so that regular users can run their own scripts. This is useful for project leads for instance when they want to automate tasks
- A nice editor, with common functionalities like autocomplete
- A comprehensive view of the workflow actions, screens and their fields and, of course, attached SIL code
- A SIL™ Manager, so that you can easily browse and edit scripts
- Live Fields – SIL routines for hiding, disabling, attaching messages or setting values for issue fields in any screen
Save your time
With Power Scripts™, we have minimized Jira customization time because this is usually something that comes into aid of the really productive activities, minimizing the time for these customizations means that your teams can benefit from them faster. We use the following approach:
- We introduced aliases for custom fields so that you can develop and check things on a test environment and then move scripts directly into production
- We introduced environment variables for SIL
- All our routines are lenient regarding common user mistakes, so that asking for a substring greater than the string has to offer for instance does not result in error
Extensibility is our priority as well. Registering new routines and adding support for additional custom fields is easy. Power Scripts™ for Jira gives you:
- Include scripts / User defined routines, so you can create libraries of routines
- Mappings for custom fields to a known descriptor, by using Custom Field Descriptors or programmatically
- An easy way to write java routines and hook them into the language. Our Javadoc is available to our customers
The old documentation (for version 3.0) can be downloaded here.