Before using SIL Script Custom Field, see Simple Issue Language documentation for a better grasp of SIL usage and capabilities.
Configuring PCF - SIL Script custom field
- After you create the field, click the Configure link for this field. You will see the page like the following example:
- Click the Edit SIL Script link to see the SIL editor.
- Click Save, and the script is associated with the current custom field.
- The value returned by the script will be the value of the custom field.
The script is read-only. Please keep the following in mind:
- You must avoid changing any issue values in the script. In fact, you can change the issue variables but they will not be changed (issue will not be saved). However, routines may have side effects.
- This field only appears on the View screen of an issue or as a column in a JQL search
Thread Local Caching
If you are not fully aware of what this implies, we recommend that you leave the option off.
Because multiple calls to get the value of a SIL Script custom field for a certain issue are inevitable, we implemented an option to generate the value only once per HTTP request. This can improve performance, but might have some side effects.
For instance, if the value is generated before some other values it depends on are modified, the result might not reflect the latest updates.
Using PCF - SIL Script custom field
This is how the field displays the value returned by the script.
Seeing Issue Age
Showing the number of subtasks for a ticket
Showing average age for issue subtasks
Displaying results from the database
Seeing how long a ticket is in the particular status
Displaying statuses count for a ticket
Seeing everyone who has ever been an Assignee for the ticket
Making SIL Script custom fields searchable
- Log into your Jira as Admin.
- Go to Administration > Custom fields, and click Edit for the necessary SIL Script custom field.
- Select a Search Template for that custom field according to the value type returned by it.
- If you are about to add a new SIL Script custom field, you can choose the Search Template at the custom field creation step.
- After changing the Search Templates for all the custom field that you want, perform a re-index in Jira for the search to work fine.
After you set a searcher for the SIL Script custom field, you can perform a search for all issues containing the desired value for that custom field.
For more details on searching issues in Jira, see Searching for Issues tutorial from the Jira documentation.