Power Scripts™ for Jira (server)
Latest versions of Jira (the latest version, at the time of writing this article is 6.1.x) has removed the capability to configure inline edits. It seems that some users are missing it badly, so here's a little Live Fields configuration to put back the original behaviour.
This solution does not fit perfectly, since some fields are greyed-out, but IMHO is acceptable.
To disable the inline edit, here's the little Power Scripts™ for Jira Live Fields script:
The result is the following:
Of course, you can specify groups of users to be applied over, you only need to adapt it to your purpose.
- Forbidding users to create some issue types
- Hide fields from users not in a project role
- Limit Number of Characters in Text Field
- Lock an issue - a better variant (Live Fields)
- Locking Issues
- Making an issue read-only
- Require an issue to have attachments
- Require User to Log Work Before Transitioning Issue
- Restrict issue type availability by user
- Restrict workflow based on status of dependencies
- Validator for component lead