Cprime Apps has been rebranded as Anova Apps. Please note the only effect is the company name - all of our products’ names, logos, functionalities, support, etc. is exactly the same. The new location to our documentation space is https://anovaapps.atlassian.net.
- You want to further limit the number of characters a user may enter into a single-line text or multi-line text field
- You want to provide feedback to the user with how many characters remain and if the maximum is exceeded
We'll show you how to do all of this using Power Scripts™ for Jira, a powerful scripting tool to help automate your Jira.
What These Scripts Do
- The listener script listens to the Summary field, and runs the executor script on any character entry or removal
- The executor script checks the number of characters against a declared maximum and disables the create/submit button if it is exceeded
- You have Jira Core or Jira Software installed
- You have Power Scripts™ for Jira installed
Configure Live Field Listener
You should configure this script as a Live Field script for the relevant project.
Listener References Live Field Executor
- Disabling inline edits in Jira
- Forbidding users to create some issue types
- Hide fields from users not in a project role
- Lock an issue - a better variant (Live Fields)
- Locking Issues
- Making an issue read-only
- Require an issue to have attachments
- Require User to Log Work Before Transitioning Issue
- Restrict issue type availability by user
- Restrict workflow based on status of dependencies
- Validator for component lead