Remote Systems Configuration
Using remote systems you will be able to execute SIL programs on some other Jira instances running SIL. These are usually other Jira's or Confluence.
The calls may be made via the call() routine, providing as parameter the correct remote system name.
Creating remote configuration is easy. From the Remote Systems app menu link, go to that page and click Add Remote. You will be required to enter the following information:
- Name - is the name of the remote system, unique within other remote systems.
- URL - represents the URL (just the base URL, as shown above).
- Username & Password - to care about authentication.
- The timeout is optional, as well as the check result parameters. They control the underlying library responsible for performing REST calls.
If a proxy is used, we exposed its configuration as well:
You should provide additional parameters:
- Full URL of the proxy.
- The REALM, if specified.
- The host of the proxy and its port.
- Proxy authentication details (username / password combination).
For Windows NT Domains, you are required to specify also the Windows NT Domain to consider, and the local machine name.
You cannot throw in parameters values and expect this to work. Please ask your network admins to offer you the necessary connection details.
Of course, removing and editing remotes is as easy as adding it. The changes in the configuration will be picked up immediately.
In the 4.0, the remote system configuration has been moved from files kept on disk into the database. The existing configurations are migrated in the new configuration tables at boot time.