The SIL Scheduler Page
You can access the Scheduler page from Administration > SIL Scheduler.
Scheduler page columns
|Script||Full path to the script and the arguments if they exist|
|Schedule||Either the interval on which the script should run or the CRON expression interpreted|
|Next Run||Date and time of the next run|
|Runs as||User to impersonate when running the script|
|Operations||Possible operations to do with a scheduler (delete, in our case)|
Managing SIL Scheduler
The SIL Scheduler feature enables you to run SIL scripts after a valid Jira interval or using a CRON expression.
Starting with version 4.0.0 of Power Scripts, the jobs are persistent that is they are kept alive towards Jira restarts. You can read about scheduling jobs here: Scheduling routines. This mechanism uses the same scheduling engine, thus the same notes apply.
Each scheduled job has the following properties:
- Scheduler type - either interval or CRON expression
- Schedule - valid Jira interval or a CRON expression
- Repeatable - if you use a Jira interval, you can define whether the job should repeat at the specified interval
- Script - SIL Script that will run using the schedule that you define
- Arguments - job arguments
- Run script as - if specified, the script will run as if by this user
To schedule a CRON job, change the type to "CRON" and enter a valid schedule (CRON expression).
To edit the actual scripts, please use the SIL™ Manager.
After saving the added job, a new entry is added to the table on the Administration page.
We have removed standard services from Power Scripts for Jira 4.0 - all your scripts will be migrated to the scheduler, since it provides a more flexible mechanism.